Before Mother Nature heads your way, are you prepared for hurricane season? My guest for Episode Two on Strong Homes, Safe Families! is Tim Robinson, managing partner of Global Protection Products and president of the International Hurricane Protection Association. In this interview Tim tells us everything you need to know to choose the right hurricane shutters for your home.
- About Tim: Firefighter, businessman, and philanthropist
- Opening Protection: Windows, glass doors, and older openings
- Code/Testing Requirements: Change is inevitable when building impact-rated products
- Two Test Types: Wind cycle and impact resistance to approve products
- Options: What are they? How are they mounted? How much do they cost?
- Galvanized steel vs. aluminum panel
- Clear or polycarbonate storm panel
- Fabric panel
- Accordion shutter
- Roll-up shutter
- Hinged-colonial or Bahama shutter
- ROI: Insurance savings and discounts
- Lessons Learned: No matter what shutter system is selected, maintain it regularly
Please click here to listen to this week’s episode and don’t miss our new Hurricane Shutter Comparison Checklist (click here).
Tim Robinson, Managing Partner – Global Protection Products