This week’s podcast with checklists (click here) and videos provides the refresher you need to make sure you are #HurricaneStrong and ready for the June 1 start of hurricane season. My guest expert for this discussion on episode three of Strong Homes, Safe Families! is Sean Reilly, District Manager for Lowe’s along North and South Carolina coasts—between Myrtle Beach and Morehead City. In this interview, Sean talks about the importance of individual and family preparedness by having adequate disaster know-how, supplies, and equipment.
- Front and Center: Sean’s fair share of storm experiences and hurricane challenges
- Store Environment: Hurricane watches and potential for landfall sets the mood
- People and Preparation: Lowe’s guides customers, associates, and communities
- Think Outside the Box/Kit: People tend to forget other essentials, including a home battery phone charger, extra gasoline, and charcoal or propane to cook food
- Sentimental Storage: Save pictures, videos, and documentation in waterproof areas
- Equipment: Know how to safely use portable generators, chainsaws, and other tools
Please click here to listen to this week’s episode.
For those of you in Florida, don’t forget the Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday is Friday, May 29 through Thursday, June 4, so it’s a great time to save on your supplies. If you’re stocking up at Lowe’s, look for the #HurricaneStrong signs in the store or visit www.HurricaneStrong.org to learn more.