Strengthening our homes for hurricane season to ensure damage prevention is more important than ever this year due to COVID-19 and the potential need for social distancing.
This week’s Strong Homes, Safe Families! podcast, checklists (click here), and feature video (click here) provide information about affordable ways to get your home #HurricaneStrong, so you and your family are ready for the already-busy season.
My guest expert for this podcast discussion is Bill Ferimer, Lowe’s Store Manager in Wilmington, North Carolina. This 15-minute discussion will get you well on your way.
- Resilience: How to remain #HurricaneStrong, and bounce back from natural disasters
- Damage Prevention – Steps to weather the wind and water:
- Timing: Prepare for hurricanes now and take strengthening your home seriously
- #HurricaneStrong Survey: Increased intent to prepare
- Projectiles: Around the yard, remove or anchor items such as swing sets to prevent damage
- Gutters and Downspouts: Clean, clear, and functioning properly to direct water flow
- Prep Kits: Must-haves include gutter tools, tarps, nails, hammers, ladders, buckets, chainsaws, and necessary accessories
- Sandbags: Redirect stormwater and debris away from your home